Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Running...


I enjoy sharing all of the good stuff with you! And as I always try to keep a "half full" outlook on life, the past couple of weeks have been somewhat difficult! And I can't exactly pinpoint why - I don't think it's just one thing. Do you ever have times in your life when you can't make your brain slow down?? I've had two weeks of 'running'! And I'm not talking about the good kind of running that creates energy for the body! I'm talking about the kind that drains it! Here are my random thoughts...

* I miss my mom! This is a constant battle, but this month has been really hard so far. The flowers are blooming, butterflies are frolicking...and I could use a Jacque Moore talk. She ALWAYS provided me with a lot of comfort!

* I've prayed so hard about school. I don't know which direction God is leading me. Every time I make a decision, I feel something pulling me in the other direction. Am I searching too hard? Will I make the right decision for Mason?

* My Gracie needs to get better! I think we are on the road to recovery...our appointment with the urologist is scheduled for April 30th. Answers...I would love answers!

* Citigroup is constantly on my mind. I have a love/hate relationship with that place! I will forever be in it's debt...it's where Mike and I met...and it's Mike's hard work at Citigroup that enables me to be at home with our children. But have you seen the news???

* Most of you know, I've had ongoing health issues...the kind that doctors can't figure out! I really have had enough of all of the guessing games! I do know that I have an auto-immune disease. My body is attacking itself...and I feel it! I did just find an amazing doctor who promised me that we would figure it all out...together! What a relief!! My antithyroglobulin antibodies should be under 40 and they are over 550 (and have been for three years). I gave LOTS of blood last week and hopefully I will have some answers this week. I'm sure it's nothing more than a quirky thyroid issue, but it does create some extra madness in my brain.

* My family wants a dog...and I only want a dog if it's perfect. I don't want it to shed, poop on my carpet, stink, bark, etc. It sounds silly, but it weighs heavy on my mind. My children deserve a pet...and the fish (who's on it's last fin) just isn't cutting it anymore. We are waiting on some information about a 2 year old schnauzer...maybe he's "the one".

So, I hate for this to become a "poor Heather" post...cause that's not what I'm looking for. But it does help me to lay it all out there. If for nothing else than to give it up to God! It is my faith that sustains me...and talk about being forever in debt! I am so thankful to Him for all that He has done in my life. I've been through a lot the past three years...and yet my faith has grown so much because of it! And so while my brain is overflowing with concerns...I do feel blessed! I am grounded. I am hopeful. I have God on my side. I have good friends. I have a phenomemal man standing beside me. I have two AMAZING children. I have a very special angel looking out for me. Life is so good...my glass is more than half full.

Thanks for letting me vent!! The running has become a slow jog!

1 comment:

Happy Campers said...

You are such a gem...

I am in the midst of struggling with school decisions too. It makes me panicky & feel so "heavy" in my heart when I think about ALL the options. We just toured Coram Deo today in fact...and that left me with just more mixed feelings. I completly emphathize with you on this one...I'm sending up a prayer for you...that you find an answer that feels right.

I had no idea about your health issues. I pray, too, that you find answers. Jeff has some ongoing issues with pain in his stomach, and nobody has been able to give him any answers yet either. It is so frustrating to have so many tests & come up emptyhanded, with no solution or cure. I am praying for you on this one!!!