September 7th and 8th will never be 'normal' days for me. Three years ago today, I lost my mom. I can't believe it's been that long. Parts of that day seem like yesterday, and yet it feels like eternity since we last talked, shared a hug, had a huge belly laugh or gave each other our infamous high five (we always missed on purpose!!).
6 years ago, when I found myself facing one of the biggest challenges I've faced, we sat in the car together at Las Colinas Medical Center and she played a song for me. She said it was our song and that it described exactly how she felt about me. She said that she would be by side...always, no matter what!! I love to listen to it when I miss her most - she is still a huge part of my life - I still count on her...and I know she is still there for me.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Heather, I'm so sorry. You're mom was always so sweet and supportive. If you ever need anything, I'm here to cry with you.
-Jennifer Weems
Goodness Heather! I can't believe it's been 3 years. And I can't believe she passed away on my birthday! I will never forget that date now. She would be SO proud of you girl! You are such an awesome mother and friend!
-Allison L.
Thanks for the touching tribute, Heather. Your Mom would be so proud of the beautiful woman, wife and mother you have become.
-Jeni Stevenson
You are a beautiful person inside & out...thank you for sharing this part of your story. Sending a hug to you today!!
-HappyCampers
And She will always be there with you. It's been 4 1/2 year since my Dad passed away. I know the pain never goes away - I think you just learn to deal with it better. I'm always here if you need an ear :)
-Tatum
Post a Comment