Thursday, June 26, 2008

I need a vacation!

Summer has been great so far...but this sister needs a vacation!! I just need to get away (with my family in tow, of course). Honestly, I love being busy...it's how my brain works best...but I've really been in overdrive the past couple of months. It's hard to slow down in this crazy world we live in - not matter how hard I try, crazy demands just sneak right in to create chaos. Did I mention there are only 17 more days until we fly away to my idea of serenity. I LOVE CAPE COD!! It's a completely different world there...a place where a great view of the water, a lobster roll from the infamous Lobster Shanty, a good cup of coffee from Dunc's (no thanks!) and spending some quiet time with your family really give you a sense of peace. Cape Cod has never been my home, but I have gone there every July for as long as I can remember. My grandmother was born and raised there and there is so much Moore family history there. It's definitely a second home to my heart!! My great aunt (my grandmother's sister) lives there in the most beautiful cozy house...I love just relaxing in the sunroom!! Makes me want a sunroom of my own, but it can't happen in Texas...I would fry!!! SO...that's why we have a Cape Cod Countdown. Mason helped me make it...not sure who is more excited about our trip to my favorite getaway!!

No comments: